LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Betta compuncta

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Betta compuncta

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Stefan 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

csh
    Participant

female & male

female

female

male

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Wonderful colours in the fins of the male.

csh
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Oct 31 2009, 08:53 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Wonderful colours in the fins of the male.

Matt
    Keymaster

Lol thanks for the correction.

retro_gk
    Participant

The picture is too small to do any counts on. The fish shows the orange sub distal band on the caudal and anal fins that is found in compuncta, but it does not show the reticulated pattern in the posterior half of the body that is a characteristic of this species. Could be B. patoti as well.

csh
    Participant

QUOTE (retro_gk @ Nov 3 2009, 11:22 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The picture is too small to do any counts on. The fish shows the orange sub distal band on the caudal and anal fins that is found in compuncta, but it does not show the reticulated pattern in the posterior half of the body that is a characteristic of this species. Could be B. patoti as well.

tath is not betta patoti,size different.
    betta patoti max lenght:13cm
    this fish max lenght:6~7 cm

Stefan

QUOTE (csh @ Nov 5 2009, 10:10 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    tath is not betta patoti,size different.
    betta patoti max lenght:13cm
    this fish max lenght:6~7 cm

This is the fish Colin has, and I have had as well, and is not compuncta but a new variety of Betta unimaculata. As Rahul pointed out, it indeed lacks the ‘tattoo-pattern’ on its flank in the female. A magnificent creature; very beautiful!

This is a real B. compuncta (female): http://www.wwf.se/source.php?id=1120911

Colin
    Participant

yeah – same fish. Mine are about ready to bred now, still not very big. The pardalotos which you seen with them are bigger than the new unimac by about 1cm now!

Stefan

QUOTE (Colin @ Dec 2 2010, 12:33 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    yeah – same fish. Mine are about ready to bred now, still not very big. The pardalotos which you seen with them are bigger than the new unimac by about 1cm now!

I’m still not convinced they remain that small and that’s due a personal experience with pallifina, which stayed about the size you describe here until I gave them to Wendy or Lydia (can’t remember) and there they grew much, much bigger. Same for ideii. Good luck spawning yours Colin!! Exciting!

harnsheng
    Participant

Wow! Nice fish here. the color is amazing!

Colin
    Participant

Yes they are beautiful fish, i think i posted some pics here too? (maybe petfrd?)

Stefan

QUOTE (Colin @ Dec 5 2010, 04:27 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yes they are beautiful fish, i think i posted some pics here too? (maybe petfrd?)

Yeah Petfrd; haven’t found them here, so…

TorbenL

So are they compuncta? I have the opportunity to get some from a shop in Oslo, but I´m not naerly convinced what she sells really are “the real thing” and no pics so far. I have no need to get
    a different species . So I will probably not buy the fish !!

Stefan

No they’re not, they’re cf. unimac. All ‘compuncta’ in the trade seem to be that.

csh
    Participant

QUOTE (Stefan @ Jan 19 2011, 11:26 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    No they’re not, they’re cf. unimac. All ‘compuncta’ in the trade seem to be that.

hi stefan,this betta fish is not betta compuncta,i breed them one year.
    do you have betta antuta or betta ocellata Loreh?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.