LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Betta Cracenensis ?

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Betta Cracenensis ?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Haji Badaruddin 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

I keep my Betta cracens together with a pair of Betta akarensis for the last 3 months.I keep them together because i have run out of space.A few days ago they spawn.One of the larger male akarensis spawn with the female cracens /blink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blink:” border=”0″ alt=”blink.gif” />

Here’s some pics:

The odd couple together.

The brooding male

Please bear in mind that this event is purely accidental and i do not intend to produce any hybrids from any of my wilds.I have decided to post this as i want to share with you guys … that given the right condition,these wilds do spawn with the other types too.

oaken
    Participant

Interesting that they crossbred even though they are not in the same complex. Good to know

Matt
    Keymaster

Yeah very interesting indeed. Are you going to let the male continue brooding to see if the eggs are viable Haji?

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

Yes …… infact i would be documenting some of the progress as well.I ll update them here if there’s any development.

Matt
    Keymaster

Haji what’s the max size of B. cracens mate?

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

Hi Matt,

Its about 8 – 9cm.My female is larger than the male.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.