LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Betta Foerschi Complex

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Betta Foerschi Complex

This topic contains 40 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Haji Badaruddin 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

This complex currently contains 4 species; B. foerschi, B. mandor, B. rubra and B. strohi. Now from what I´ve read it seems that the breeding strategy of these fish is somewhere inbetween that of bubblenesting and mouthbrooding Betta species. So-o I´m hoping that some of you Betta nuts can shed some light on the following:

– which variants of B. foerschi do you consider likely to be assigned separate species status at some point? Why?
    – can this species be kept in groups?
    – when spawning does B. foerschi conduct it´s business at the water surface?
    – does the male or female catch the eggs in the anal fin?
    – does the female get involved in egg spitting as with other mouthbrooders or does the male just pick the eggs up directly?
    – are the answers to these breeding questions true for all foerschi complex species?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to obtain accurate information for the knowledge base and this is one species where there´s hardly anything in English available. Thanks in advance!

keith565
    Participant

sorry Matt, not had any experience with the foerschi group (until now) /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />
    but i will be watching them like a hawk when they do get up to breeding size /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Hehehe no worries Keith!

Matt
    Keymaster

Shameless bump! *waits for Mick to be offended by Betta thread….

mickthefish
    Participant

Betta’s Betta’s Betta’s, nice to see in someone elses tanks. /thumbs_down.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsdn:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_down.gif” />

mick

andy rushworth
    Participant

Rather than being negative why not stick to fish that you are interested in ? Betta’s are wonderful and of great interest to some of us

Matt
    Keymaster

I like them too Botty. Mick isn´t trying to offend anyone so no need to get upset. He´s also kept pretty much every species under the sun so please chill. We´re a pretty relaxed lot on here. You may also notice that I was winding Mick up hence his post.

andy rushworth
    Participant

Sorry Matt

Matt
    Keymaster

No probs

mickthefish
    Participant

botty, it was not meant to offend anyone, to each his own.
    but i still think they’re boring.

dunc
    Keymaster

Matt is a bit of a Betta geek himself

Matt
    Keymaster

Ahem….

andy rushworth
    Participant

QUOTE(mickthefish @ Jun 25 2008, 02:56 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    botty, it was not meant to offend anyone, to each his own.
    but i still think they’re boring. /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

mickthefish
    Participant

if you enjoy keeping/breeding them goodonyer, i personally don’t but ive got fish in my tanks that you probably would’nt touch with a barge pole.
    as i said to each his own.

mick

dunc
    Keymaster

You have kept Betta in the past haven’t ya Mick?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.