LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Betta krataios

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Betta krataios

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  TorbenL 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

hachge
    Participant

In Berenthal I receive a pair of wild B.Krataios.They were 4 cm long.After 5 days in my tank the male was mouthbroodind.After 12 days at 25 °C he release about 20 fry.Everybody swimm and come in front of tank when feeding time.Nice and easy fish,I have two generations of fry in my tank.I will take pics soon .Water pH +/-5.5 temp 25°C tank the kind I use for all my red Betta ,but real cristal water in this one when dark tea in the other ones.oak leaves on the bottom and lots of green stuff.

Stefan

Congratulations Herve! They sure are a nice fish! I have a preserved pair here and they are huge!! Around 100mm TL for sure. What are you feeding the wee ones?

Colin
    Participant

They are one of my favourites –

Eventually the male will spit out nearly 100 at a time

hachge
    Participant

They take anything I give them,dry food ,frozen food or bloodworms.They are small about 6 cm and you say they reach 10 cm Stefan? I will have to build a new tank for the fry then as they are in a 35 liters tank.

Stefan

And what do you feed the fry? Yeah the ones I’ve got tubed are huge! Very deep bodied as well. They originated from Colin.

hachge
    Participant

I feed them microworms and BBS,I remember the one Colin passed me in Zwolle,I had 5 females and no males they were big.This male look very slender and when mouthbrooding his head is twice as big as his body

TorbenL

Congrats Herve!

I never saw the species on the sales lists here, so I’m quite unfamiliar with it 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.