LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Betta livida from North Selangor

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Betta livida from North Selangor

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Stefan 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
  • Author

Stefan

Paul was kind enough to give me with 2 livida he collected recently. Sadly both turned out to be females (my mistake) so he’s again kind enough to provide me with his breeding pair. It’s a golden oldie to me, and one of my favourite fish to work with; they are absolutely brilliant fish! I have no photos yet as I’m letting them settle in. I’ll post some when I have made them, and hopefully they will give me another good breeding experience and subsequently the oppertunity to re-introduce them in the hobby.

Matt
    Keymaster

This is one of the most endangered Betta spp. right? Heard bad things about the situation in Selangor…

Stefan

I’d guess so, yeah. The UICN Red List last update’s from a while ago. My plan is to keep providing the hobby with this fish, in Europe, the UK, wherever. Sadly all my previous ones that I’d spread around seem to have gone into oblivion and that saddens me.

hachge
    Participant

No I still have a trio but no fry lol

Stefan

QUOTE (hachge @ Apr 13 2011, 05:49 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    No I still have a trio but no fry lol

Excellent! Which generation are yours Herve? You got them from me?

hachge
    Participant

No but from a german guy some years back and some generations in my tanks

Stefan

Cool! I’ll start a fresh lineage then

TorbenL

great …whenever you have surplus fish…well you know 😉

Stefan

QUOTE (TorbenL @ Apr 14 2011, 10:15 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    great …whenever you have surplus fish…well you know 😉

You almost don’t have to ask anymore

TorbenL

QUOTE (Stefan @ Apr 15 2011, 01:58 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    You almost don’t have to ask anymore

Stefan

QUOTE (TorbenL @ Apr 15 2011, 08:04 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    and I’m so very greatful !

Nah don’t worry about it; you’re always on to-get list.

C.Way
    Participant

wow, the first ever special species that I manage to breed before my collection of the rest of coccina group started, I miss it a lot, but according to local keepers, those habitats are gone…

wish to see their photos

Stefan

QUOTE (C.Way @ Apr 15 2011, 11:40 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    wow, the first ever special species that I manage to breed before my collection of the rest of coccina group started, I miss it a lot, but according to local keepers, those habitats are gone…

wish to see their photos /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Then later on, in a few months time I expect – if all goes well, I’ll do the same with persephone.

What red species do you still keep C.Way?

C.Way
    Participant

QUOTE (Stefan @ Apr 15 2011, 05:56 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Apparently they’re still there; mine were collected from the wild only recently. But their habitats are definitely disappearing sadly. I’ll keep them until death and keep them going; they’ve always been a favourite of mine along with tussyae.

I’m expecting the pair to arrive early next week and I’ll photograph them once they’ve settled in. The 2 damsels are doing great in that tank just now, and the water is very dark coloured – just the way they like it /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” /> , will wait for your photos /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Stefan

As am I

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.