LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Betta Macrostoma Have Spawned

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Betta Macrostoma Have Spawned

This topic contains 28 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

keith565
    Participant

OMG. went into fish house this afternoon and found my male macrostoma holding a Hugh mouthful of eggs. /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />

dunc
    Keymaster

Ahhh that’s awesome news Keith, congratulations!

Sofia

Amazing.
    Congratulations

Matt
    Keymaster

keith565
    Participant

not a thing, went out for lunch and when i came back it was all over. i did a big 50% water change yesterday after it rained, and the female was looking plump.
    fingers crossed he doesn’t eat the eggs as they often do the first few times.

Matt
    Keymaster

Yeah the channoides did the same with the first few batches. Keep us updated I’m excited for you!

keith565
    Participant

QUOTE(Matt @ Apr 9 2008, 10:05 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yeah the channoides did the same with the first few batches. Keep us updated I’m excited for you! /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />

keith565
    Participant

darn, went into fish house this afternoon and the male mac was no longer holding the eggs. so back to square one, again.

Sofia

Oh, so sorry

Matt
    Keymaster

Ahh buddy. At least you know the fish are spawning though, and he’s only a youngster right? I’m sure you’ll be seeing plenty of wee macrostoma soon

keith565
    Participant

QUOTE(Matt @ Apr 10 2008, 07:04 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Ahh buddy. At least you know the fish are spawning though, and he’s only a youngster right? I’m sure you’ll be seeing plenty of wee macrostoma soon

Adam
    Participant

Wouldn’t be so exciting if it was easy /cool.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”B)” border=”0″ alt=”cool.gif” />

keith565
    Participant

well, i did a huge water change last night and when i went into the fish house this morning, the male was holding eggs. /unsure.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:unsure:” border=”0″ alt=”unsure.gif” />
    already got the tank covered so as not to frighten him when i’m working in the fish house. so we will wait and see.

Matt
    Keymaster

Great news!!

keith565
    Participant

hmm, i think it’s probably right. the fish house temp is a few degrees lower then normal as i’ve turned the space heater off the last few days, and i suppose it must be the rain water to as they did exactly the same a few months ago. anyway, everything still crossed, can see 2 of everything now, /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.