LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Betta miniopinna

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Betta miniopinna

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

hachge
    Participant

I have an old strain since 15 years in my tank that becomes more and more difficult to breed but keeps all its colors.Sorry for the bad quality but the pics are taken in their tankIMG_8304-2.JPG

IMG_8316-2.JPG

IMG_8276-2.JPG

IMG_8277-2.JPG

IMG_8295-2.JPG

IMG_8288-2.JPG

Matt
    Keymaster

Beautiful. Are there many people keeping this species Herve?

hachge
    Participant

Only two people in France and a very few in Germany ,a couple in Italy and less than half a dozen in Asia as far as I know.We have to take great care of the strain as it is a fish almost extinct in the nature because of the destruction of the rain forest for oil palm

oaken
    Participant

Wild fish have been offered in Sweden for about a year now. But not many people are interested in buying them, obviously. Betta persephone are usually available too.

oaken
    Participant

But there are a couple of people keeping this species in Sweden. And probably more people in other parts of Scandinavia.

Matt
    Keymaster

Fully agree that this species should be of conservation priority in general. From what I saw on Bintan it is really scarce in the small amount of suitable habitat that remains.

Gustav, you should buy all wild fish that are available! Laugh

oaken
    Participant

That would probably be quite expensive since they go for about 30 euro a piece :). I did keep a pair about a year ago but I had to get rid of them when I moved. But yeah, I get what you’re saying!

I wish more people would be interested in these fish.

hachge
    Participant

I was selling 20 euros 5 fish and no one wanted them.I gave up selling my fish just trade them

oaken
    Participant

That is really depressing!

Matt
    Keymaster

@oaken said:
    That is really depressing!

Totally! Once we manage to move house and I can get some tanks sorted this is one species I’d love to have.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.