LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Betta Patoti Eggs/wrigglers

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Betta Patoti Eggs/wrigglers

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Haji Badaruddin 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

keith565
    Participant

well, i’ve had my betta patotti for more than 10 months now, they were a good size when i got them. they have spawned several times but each time the male (mouthbrooding) carries the eggs for 5 days then they disappear. well, he went 9 days, so i move him to a smaller tank so he would not get harassed by the females. he was in there from friday to yesterday morning when i went in to look and he had spat the eggs out. about 40 of them

Malti
    Participant

how long does it take for them to hatch?

keith565
    Participant

when fully incubated by the male, he holds them for approx 14-16 days, but the info i have suggests if the hardness is to high, the eggs will fail to hatch, so they suggest a hardness (KH) of around 1 and a pH of 5. mine are in KH1 but pH 6.5, so perhaps i need to lower the pH before my next spawn. i’ve removed about 6 fungused eggs/wrigglers this morning, so looking ok at the mo.

Matt
    Keymaster

Keith your conditions sound ok to me. I’ve read about these spawning at even higher pH (7+) than yours. Good luck mate!

keith565
    Participant

yes, i had read that too. although all the eggs i found were the same size and all had tails showing when they were spat out.

Eyrie
    Participant

Congrats!

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

Hi Keith,

Congrats on the spawn /happy.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”^_^” border=”0″ alt=”happy.gif” /> .

Hint:You will need more tanks as the juvs are fond of nipping at each other later

Author
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.