LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Betta simplex

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Betta simplex

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  torso 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

C.Way
    Participant

Got these simple little fishes, Betta Simplex lately, falls under Picta Group, characterize by it’s blue/green banding as well as their overall smaller than usual size.

Prior to what I learned about my previous two species of the group, which is Betta Falx and Betta Taeniata, the two species which preferred black and soft water, Betta Simplex on the other hand, preferred water with slight higher ph with higher hardness value, a total difference from all the other species I came across before which in general from black water environment or sight acidic clear water.

Apart from Betta Imbellis and Betta Pugnax, I’ve never been to any natural locality of other amazing species of betta nor do I have a photo or video of their habitat, so, the setup was after all, by guessing.

A last minute setup wasn’t that nice after all, with a bit of imagination and the general rules in all my setup, electronic like air pump or filter were never used due to the fact of constant thunder storm, these were the short coming of the setup, however the natural temperature around the tank were generally around 28 degree Celsius, it helps to partially offset the shortcoming.

And, an introduction of the new species to the tank, lady first:

C.Way
    Participant

Gent:

After a day in tank, I introduce first meal, daphnia, which they enjoy a lot:

To be continued…

Colin
    Participant

nice fish

when i am keeping them i need to add some coral gravel or aragonite just to keep the pH and hardness up a bit

C.Way
    Participant

QUOTE (Colin @ Sep 20 2011, 12:52 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    nice fish

when i am keeping them i need to add some coral gravel or aragonite just to keep the pH and hardness up a bit /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

We have some habitat shots and information here.

boyneburn
    Participant

I kept them for a while but had difficulty in getting rid of my surplus fish.This is a pic of one of my males holding eggs/fry.

FKS
    Participant

Yeah! Still one of my favorite Betta. Made very well also in soft, slightly acid water (200┬ÁS, pH 6).

C.Way
    Participant

Male brooding for about a week plus:

torso
    Participant

I got 6 specimen of B. simplex Krabi lately, bred in Germany. Two males, brooding now and then. Here some pics

this male got hurt, perhaps in a battle

the healing was fast

the females, going stronger every day

Cheers Charles

Attached files

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.