LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Betta Sp. palangkaraya

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Betta Sp. palangkaraya

This topic contains 52 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  oaken 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

I’d love to see that kind of study Jit. Writing the species profiles for these was a nightmare and id’ing them still is. /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Gustav how big are your adults if you don’t mind me asking?

oaken
    Participant

About 4,5-5 cm TL for the male and slightly over 4 for the female I think

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

Hi Matt,

Interesting specimen ……. looks more to foerschi group but a bubblenester.If you look at goggle earth ….. you can see the close proximity of Palangkaraya and Tangkiling (Both in Central Kalimantan).

I heard about this fish sometime back from a collector in Indonesia …

Oaken,

Awesome pic!!!

Jit/Rahul,

Fancy meeting you guys here /happy.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”^_^” border=”0″ alt=”happy.gif” />

retro_gk
    Participant

Hey Eddy! The fishkeeping world is a very small place

hachge
    Participant

I receive the same fish from 2 differents people,under the 2 names and they are the same fish.Mine just start breeding 2 days ago at 4 cm for the male and a bit less for the female.
    They are for me from the coccina group as bubble nester.Real nice fish

Matt
    Keymaster

I’m going to spend today catching up with a few things that should have been organised ages ago, including a profile for this Betta. Is anyone still keeping/breeding it?

oaken
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Mar 3 2010, 09:57 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I’m going to spend today catching up with a few things that should have been organised ages ago, including a profile for this Betta. Is anyone still keeping/breeding it?

*raises hand* Still got a few young ones from the first brood, as well as the parents with a few newly hatched fry. Seems easy to breed, never had any problems anyway..

Colin
    Participant

Hi

I brought in some of the ones that Herve has and Stefan has a few. I think that Auke still has some of these guys too? I kept and bred them before sending on the adults.

There was a good petfrd thread…

Will add what I can if I can?

Matt
    Keymaster

Yup cheers Colin have read the Petfrd thread. The profile is online already – just got references to add (which I’m on with as we speak). Feel free to criticise if I’ve missed anything out or made mistakes please you three!

Don’t worry about that massive list in the notes – it’s to be moved to a centralised location where it’ll be viewable from all Betta profiles. Just looks bloody silly like that! /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

oaken
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Mar 3 2010, 10:00 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yup cheers Colin have read the Petfrd thread. The profile is online already – just got references to add (which I’m on with as we speak). Feel free to criticise if I’ve missed anything out or made mistakes please you three!

Don’t worry about that massive list in the notes – it’s to be moved to a centralised location where it’ll be viewable from all Betta profiles. Just looks bloody silly like that! /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Found these two old pictures of two females:

Matt
    Keymaster

Brilliant Gustav, thanks.

oaken
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Mar 3 2010, 11:30 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Brilliant Gustav, thanks. /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Added.

Colin
    Participant

feel free to grab and use any of the pics I have posted on petfrd too, for any species

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.