LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Betta Splendens!

Home Forums My Aquarium Betta Splendens!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  dunc 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Malti
    Participant

Some of my new fish…

Feather Tail

Red CT

young black

thelizzious

New betta’s? Looking nice!

Malti
    Participant

new to my “family”

dunc
    Keymaster

That first one has a really interesting tail. Where did you pick these up?

Malti
    Participant

locally bred – he’s the offspring of an OHM x OHM (over half moon – over 180 degrees tail spread)

I’m going to try to send some fish to uk…if all goes well, I’ll have some for sale soon

Matt
    Keymaster

That first one is mental!

mrthomas3571
    Participant

My Red Betta Splendens

Hi All

Check the Betta Splendens I have added to the forum.

Start teaching others what you know,
    you may end up learning more.

Attached files

mrthomas3571
    Participant

Trying to breet betta in a very remote condition, here there are no aquarium shops or anr help on fish breeding, however i have the basic knowledge and experice in betta breeding in my home town (more tropical climate), now i am in a new place and the climate is very dry here with extreme heat and cold at alternative times..

The present season seems to be little comfortable with changing from a dry cold windy climate to a moderate cold climate and wiht sun shine in the day times.

However i need some ideas and help in breeding betta in this climate as i have told due to the external temp the tank water gets clod and if kepi in a romm witha heater the water becomes warmed up.

How to maintain the temp to breed betta and so that the fish is also healty and brisk

mrthomas

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas. If I were you I’d set the heater to about 24°C for the cold spells. How hot are we talking for the warm times and where in the world are you?

gasteriaphile
    Participant

QUOTE (mrthomas3571 @ Jan 16 2009, 11:43 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    My Red Betta Splendens Hi All Check the Betta Splendens I have added to the forum.

Your red is much nearer to my blue in type with the Veil Tail and flowing fins than the first ones shown which to my eye look very strange! Coincidentally the blue that follows your post is almost exactly like mine! I know I am in the deep dark ages betta-wise with my veil tail preference, although some PKs are very intriguing!

Reva
    Participant

WOW MALTI! Wayyyy coool /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />
    Very nice. I have never seen any bettas as pretty as those.

kath
    Participant

hiya …there r really nice pics…
    i purchased a male betta when i first set my tank up i then bought 3 females to keep him happy but…lol i think 1 of the females may have been a young male!!!!
    its finns have grown much longer in comparison with my utha females but my original male dusnt seem to be too bothered by her/him? they do “square up” frm time to time but no physical contact i do have other fish in my tank aswell (1 lrg goldfish danios ,1 rainbow shark ,2x plecs)

i was under the inpression that males will kill each other so this has got me confused lol do u think my supost to be female is a male…it has developed long fins and tail and dus luk similar to my original male!!

kath x

dunc
    Keymaster

kath,

Amy (my girlfriend and an occasionaly poster on here) bought 4 “female” juvenile Betta splendens, two of which turned out to be males – but it took about a month before they seemingly came in to sexual maturity. It was only then that one of the males started battering the other one.

It sounds like you’ll encounter a similar situation in the near future. Just keep your eye on them

Author
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.