LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Betta Splendens Fin-types

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Betta Splendens Fin-types

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Malti 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

We’ve had these two superb pics submitted for the B. splendens profile. Would one of you fancy Betta-folk mind confirming exactly what the fin-types here are please? I think #1 is a CT but the second has me a bit stumped. VT?

Many thanks to Rich Kuehn for the images.

Attached files

Richy
    Participant

hard to tell tbh on then 2nd pic as the finnage isn’t fully open. 1st pic, guess i’d say is a ct of some sort but I’m sure Malti or someone else will jump in with a correct ID

Malti
    Participant

yep 1 is a CTSR (single ray)

2 looks like more like a Delta/Super Delta, can’t be sure cause fins ain’t so open

a good guide for tail types is either World of Bettas or here

if you need some good pics of bettas, I can ask on WOB

Matt
    Keymaster

Cheers for the useful links Karlos. Some of the fish in that second link are quite amazing… /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Malti
    Participant

tell me the tail types…and i’ll try to provide

Matt
    Keymaster

To be honest Karlos I have no idea what we’re missing. profile and see what you think needs adding? We also need pics of B. simplex, B. foerschi and B. persephone if you can get hold of any. Thanks pal.

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Aug 24 2008, 10:54 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    To be honest Karlos I have no idea what we’re missing. profile and see what you think needs adding? We also need pics of B. simplex, B. foerschi and B. persephone if you can get hold of any. Thanks pal. /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

btw ever heard of Betta edithae?

well you need CTPK, CT fem, HM fem, ALL Giant Bettas, super delta, doubletail, suntail., will see what I can get

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.