LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Betta strohi

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Colin 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ste12000

I got a beautiful pair of these fish around 2 months ago, at the same time i got a pair of B.albimarginata, i have fry from the abis and the males holding a second spawn, in all this time i had not seen the slightest bit of spawning interest from the B.strohi..

After a week of neglect( plenty of feeds but no waterchanges) i finally got round to cleaning out the tank and gave them a fresh water change 2 days ago, this did the trick and the pair spawned yesterday, unfortunately i missed the entire spawn and only noticed something amiss when the male didnt charge to the front of the tank for his daily feed of whiteworm! a closer look showed him mouthing a batch of eggs! Well pleased and another first for the fishroom.

Colin
    Participant

Nicely done – did a rise in pH do the trick?

You’ll be needing a new Betta species now? /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

ste12000

QUOTE (Colin @ Dec 23 2011, 05:45 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Nicely done – did a rise in pH do the trick?

You’ll be needing a new Betta species now? /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Cheers mate..Yeah i assume the PH was raised although i didnt check it before or after.. To be honest i had ceased trying to get them to spawn and had just left them alone to get on with it. Fresh waters the best spawning trigger for any species and seems to have worked its magic with the bettas once again

Colin
    Participant

yeah, all four species of chocs are on the list and I’ll be getting them all in min January, so can let you know if you are still interested then.

Yes, take the female out – I have never had any luck rearing any of the foerschi group by leaving the female in. I think Stefan had rubra fry while leaving in the females but it has never worked well for me. Also in that group are foerschi and mandor – I think you have had rubra before?

Cheers

PS let me know if you have P weitzmani spare

ste12000

Superb, cheers Colin, ill whip the female out shortly and give the male(and fry) a bit more cover. Yep ive done rubra before and raised a few but not many fry, i had the substrate covered with oak leaves and had a few fry survive with both parents in the tank.

Ill definately be interested in groups of at least 2 of the chocolates so let me know when you have them and ill get a order together! car Mot and insurance is due early Feb so will put a little extra money to one side for these fish /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” />

Colin
    Participant

yeah, tell me about it! Fish sale have been rubbish for December, OH birthday on14th, then MOT on 15th, Xmas and then car TAX on the 31st

Author
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.