LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Beware Of Fake Messages From Seriously Fish

Home Forums The Lounge Beware Of Fake Messages From Seriously Fish

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  David Marshall 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey

26th May

This morning I received two e-mails telling me that new PM’s were waiting for me on the Seriously Fish forums. Both of these messages indicated that the PM’s had been posted by a member with whom I had had PM contact over the last few days.

Both messages came with a sending address of [email protected] With both of these messages came an attachment and I may have been tempted to open one of these had the two messages arrived in the inbox to which Seriously Fish notifications are sent and not to the e-mail address for Ryedale Aquarists’.

Deleting these two e-mails I came straight to the forum and, as expected, found no PM’s waiting for me.

Watch your mail.

Regards David

Matt
    Keymaster

Oh dear, thanks David I’ll ask Dunc to take a look at this immediately.

dunc
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Is there any way you could post one of the e-mails in its entirety?

Unfortunately if someone has decided to send such messages from a spam e-mail account, there’s absolutely nothing we can do about other than to put a “PLEASE BE AWARE” post up.

Malti
    Participant

Do not post all the email…i mean remove your email address as you’ll be getting more spam

thanks for the heads up!

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey Duncan

Sorry but I really never thought that you could do to see these so deleted the two e-mails.

It is the first time that I have received anything ‘strange’ that was said to have come from SF. I deleted the e-mails very quickly – through fear that the attachments may carry a virus.

Regards David

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.