LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Blacklisted Fish

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Blacklisted Fish

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lizid 10 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Lizid
    Participant

Hi guys i have been reading and following for awhile although not log on, I have been trying to get me hands on a list of blacklisted or endangered aquarium fish, be it marine or freshwater.

Can any one point me in the right direction or send me a list?

Thanks guys great site….

dunc
    Keymaster

I’m sure someone can get a hold of that for you /ohmy.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:o” border=”0″ alt=”ohmy.gif” />

ncnc
    Participant

depends what your looking for? try cites for their lists of banned or endangered fish, brazil has ibaama for their approved list (everything else is banned that is not on this list), theres also e fish business website that should give a list of fish banned from entry to the uk – mainly coldwater fish. i believe there is also MAC which imposes regulations on the collection of marine species for the aquarium trade. various websites also have details of individual countries which have banned certain species for collection. hope this is a start but as dunc says it would be easier if we knew what you were looking into it for. cheers neill

Lizid
    Participant

Nothing Sinister I Promise guys

Matt
    Keymaster

You can search by country here.

coelacanth
    Participant

They might be able to offer some suggestions here http://www.saiab.ac.za/index.php?pid=8

Lizid
    Participant

Thanks a load guys will check it out

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.