LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Bluedave's 'ickle' Tank

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Bluedave's 'ickle' Tank

This topic contains 34 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Bluedave
    Participant

Well, as it’s a new forum title i’d thought i’d post in it – this is my little 12 litre planted tank as of yesterday.

Matt
    Keymaster

Nice Dave.

Bluedave
    Participant

Your looking at both of them, lol

Matt
    Keymaster

I meant plants too.

Bluedave
    Participant

Limnophilia sessiflora, Hygrophilia polysperma, Bacopa, Cardimine Lyrata, Anubias Barteri Var. nana, Glossostigma elanatoides.

ulster exile

What lighting do you have over it and what fert regime do you follow?

Must say it not only looks lovely, it looks completely free from algae (bows-down)

Bluedave
    Participant

lol, cheers.

It’s got an interpet 24W T5 fitting over the top (works out at about 9 WPG!), I use the Dennerle Bioline CO2 refills and the Dennerle A1 daily ferts every day (1 ‘squirt’). 50% water change with RO water every week and bobs your uncle.

Just need to trim the glosso more to make it thicken up.

mickthefish
    Participant

top tank Dave,i’d love to get wifeys tank looking like that but alas i know i’m not good enough, plus i don’t want Co2 or fertilizer.

mick

Bluedave
    Participant

why not Mick – it’s not difficult (or expensive), especially in a smallish tank. It’s easy too, so none of this not good enough rubbish!

Bluedave
    Participant

Well, an update quickly following yesterdays post!

Was looking for some shrimp in an LFS today and my youngest son decided he wanted to put some fish in (it is his tank in spirit) – i’ve been trying to decide what to put in for ages but we spotted some nice High spot Rasbora today – so we have added a small shoal of five. That will be it, no other fish to be added – maybe a few more shrimp though.

Pics:

Matt
    Keymaster

Good choice Dave, they complement the tank very well.

Attached files

Bluedave
    Participant

Nice tank, Matt

Richy
    Participant

still looking great Dave and the new additions look well

Bluedave
    Participant

Yes mate I was – just another thing on the list that hasn’t been done yet, lol.

I will eventually.

mickthefish
    Participant

it’s having your eye in to do those sort of things, ive got it with fish but not with planted setups, i have tried a few times over the years but they never look like yours do.

mick

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.