LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Bluedave's Tanks

Home Forums My Aquarium Bluedave's Tanks

This topic contains 33 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Bluedave 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Bluedave
    Participant

Right, because Richy is going on and on and on at me, I’m posting some pics of me tanks to shut him up – Enjoy peeps.

Trigon 190 with nice new MV light fitting:

Pudsey the Crayfish (Juwel Rekord 60:

Little 12 litre Jobby:

Will that keep you quiet for a bit Richy??

Richy
    Participant

Malti nagged me so I nagged you lol
    All your plants look so crisp, green and healthy but it’s down to the co2, low fish stock and damn hard dedication to it. You shouldn’t hide it, be proud /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />
    Looking great as always and so is the lobby

dunc
    Keymaster

Man they look really, really smart

Bluedave
    Participant

Cheers Richy, just for you a nice shrimp pic:

Bluedave
    Participant

Hi Dunc,

Yes mate, both got CO2, the trigon has a pressurised sytem (sera) with pH controller.

The 12 litre jobby has a dennerle Bioline fermenting bottle on it (which reminds me – about time i changed it!).

The lobster tank used to have plants but he ate them – got some great pics of him with some java moss in his gob!

Malti
    Participant

its a legacy….nag the n00b

Bluedave
    Participant

yes mate – I use the dennerle ferts, a liquid once a day, a liquid once a week, iron tabs once a month and something else once a month (don’t remember whats in that one!!!). It the Dennerle A1, S7,E15 and V30 stuff.

Ferts is something i’m looking into at the mo’ though as i’ve been reading a lot about EI and other fert methods in various places.

Malti
    Participant

mine will starting getting ferts once a week…forgot its name, although its nowhere near yours…i actually planted it couple of days ago, changed from plastic to live

Bluedave
    Participant

PICS?!

How many plants you got in there mate? If theres loads and high light, once a week might not be enough.

Richy
    Participant

i use API leafzone liquid and root tabs but in all honesty my tank way too heavily fish stocked to have perfect plants.
    More plants, less fish is the best way /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Bluedave
    Participant

QUOTE (Richy @ Jul 4 2008, 12:00 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    More plants, less fish is the best way

Thats my philosphy.

Got a problem with me clown loaches at the min, uprooting everything especially the glosso that I planted when the new light fitting arrived. Seriously considering getting rid of them – only problem is i’ve had ’em since babies and they lived through a fish tank catastrophe – i love ’em too much!

Malti
    Participant

on the instructions it says once a week…btw my tank’s a fish tank not a plant tank /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” />

Bluedave
    Participant

ferts don’t affect fish.

Co2 will though, overdose that and you wipe your tank out!!!

Malti
    Participant

Matt
    Keymaster

Really superb-looking set-ups Dave, especially the “main” tank. /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.