LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Bombina Orientalis…

Home Forums Invertebrates & Other Critters Bombina Orientalis…

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Malti 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

…also known as the Oriental Fire-bellied toad. I’ve always liked amphibians as well as fish and yesterday the chance to get what is apparently a spawned pair of these was too much to resist! This will be the precursor to a poison arrow frog project, but more of that later

Sirkus

wow! sounds like a plan, are they the ones i saw when i was last in? if so they were pretty damn nice! good luck with the breeding project then.

Matt
    Keymaster

Hey Kris nope not the same ones. A customer brought these in and I just bought them from him direct. They’re in a small tank at the minute, until I can get hold of some materials to build them a proper house. Pics tonight hopefully.

Sirkus

How come no pics???

Matt
    Keymaster

…and here are some pics

Attached files

andrew
    Participant

Any update on these chaps?

Matt
    Keymaster

Some new pics

Attached files

geordie John
    Participant

Hi Matt,
    I kept a few many moons ago but they were dark green bodied probably B. Bombina .I kept them in a tank in a north facing conservatory with no heating and European tree frogs as a come and go companion (there was another 2 tanks with different levels of water (clogged with plants ).They were very active and would climb on their island when I was presenting food to them .They didnt like beatle larva ,they took them causiously as if they were getting nipped but I liked to offer them to give variety to their diet ! They would have choosen small worms every day ,sucking them like spagetti ,LoL .They would use one hand to grasp the worm which also removed slime and soil. Unfortunately one day some one gave me some American bullfrog tadpoles which I put in their tank .All was happy till the next spring when all was quiet except for one huge Tadpole !!! it had eaten its mates + my firebellied toads !!
    Hope yours are doing fine bud.
    All the best,
    G.John

Matt
    Keymaster

Doing great thanks mate. They’ve been calling a lot in the last few weeks, and I’d never heard them do it before. Time for a bigger tank I reckon. Did you have any luck breeding yours? Any tips much appreciated!

Graeme
    Participant

Superb pictures Matt!

Matt
    Keymaster

Cheers mate

Matt
    Keymaster

These two buggers are free to anyone from here wanting them. Location Daventry.

Malti
    Participant

damn, too far away

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.