LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Brackish Fish

Home Forums My Aquarium Brackish Fish

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Fishwife
    Participant

I’ve been talking to the girl in my LFS about some fish I’m interested in, they have both in a freshwater set up Stigmatogobius Sadanundio Knight Goby and Parambassis ranga Indian glass fish. When I asked about acclimatising them to brackish water, she said it was OK to do this the same way as you would with freshwater fish, ie floating the bag and every 15 mins or so remove some of the bag water replacing it with tank water

Bully
    Participant

QUOTE (Fishwife @ Aug 18 2010, 03:48 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I’ve been talking to the girl in my LFS about some fish I’m interested in, they have both in a freshwater set up Stigmatogobius Sadanundio Knight Goby and Parambassis ranga Indian glass fish. When I asked about acclimatising them to brackish water, she said it was OK to do this the same way as you would with freshwater fish, ie floating the bag and every 15 mins or so remove some of the bag water replacing it with tank water http://www.seriouslyfish.com/profile.php?g…a&id=691#14

also, comments from Heiko Bleher:

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/content.php?sid=2788

Fishwife
    Participant

Thanks for the info it made interesting reading, the girl at the LFS told me that neither fish needed brackish water although the goby would benefit from it it wasn’t essential. I just thought it was sales talk, looks like she was right

Matt
    Keymaster

I think Stigmatogobius need some salt for long-term success.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.