LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Breathable Bags.

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Breathable Bags.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Bluedave 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Does anyone know where I can get hold of some?

Bully
    Participant

Naturally, I have no idea where you can get them from in Spain 25 small Kordon breathing bags – eBay

If you want them in any sort of quantity, you may be better getting them sent from the US.

oaken
    Participant

Yeah, I’d look on Ebay or Aquabid.

retro_gk
    Participant

How many do you want, Matt?

Matt
    Keymaster

Depends on the dimensions but 5 or 6 maybe? Then I need tips on how best to pack fish in a suitcase…

Eyrie
    Participant

Double bag them, plenty of towels or clothing to cushion them, and keep the suitcase flat at all times.

You’ll have the opposite problem to the UK about temperature though.

Matt
    Keymaster

Cheers Mark. Not sure how easy it’ll be to keep the case flat once at the airport though…

keith565
    Participant

just a thought, i thought you couldn’t double bag when using the kordon breather bags. also important to fill them to the top, no air in the bag as this stops them working properly, osmosis i think,lol.

retro_gk
    Participant

What I do with breather bags is tie them off securely without an air space, wipe the outer surface dry, wrap in a paper towel and place them in whatever box they’re going in. I use wadded up newspaper to separate individual bags from each other, as they will not work as designed if there isn’t enough air around them.

If you use breather bags, you don’t need to worry about how the box is placed as the water does not slosh around inside. It does not really matter with regular bags even.

If you do not have a separate fish box that goes inside your suitcase (you can get nice small styrofoam boxes from pharmacies and bakeries), just wrap each bag in a shirt or something and use a couple of towels to ensure they do not shift around inside the suitcase.

ndc
    Participant

if they are going on a plane you may have a problem getting them thru security – as soon as they see a liquid theyll panic – may be best to keep in your hand luggage? but id be prepared to lose em if they find them. other option if they are small fish could be to use plastic drinks bottles – lid will stay on and there will be protection from damage.

Matt
    Keymaster

I would’ve thought it would be more risky in the hand luggage? Is there any way to get special dispensation to take liquids on board?

keith565
    Participant

yes, if you are a drug addict, wanna try?

Matt
    Keymaster

It’ll be Dunc transporting them so I think we might be able to get away with it!

keith565
    Participant

oh, yes, for sure there Matt

ndc
    Participant

youre allowed up to 100ml in your hand luggage. which airline is he travelling with ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.