LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Breeding Dianema Longibarbis

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Breeding Dianema Longibarbis

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  TorillNB 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #303530

    TorillNB
    Member

    Hi , I wonder if anyone else has bred Dianema Longibarbis out there?
    My male has made bublenest 9 times now , and i have manage to raise 2 of them boblenests The 3rd hatched 3 weeks ago and 4th wil hatch any time now :-p
    In Norway this is the first time evver b-)
    Dianema_longibarbis-Torill_Nordeide_Berge-007.jpg

     Dianema_longibarbis-Torill_Nordeide_Berge-010_500px.jpg

    #354092

    kim m
    Participant

    It is a really great achievement to breed these! I hope to be able myself some day :) but there is always a lot of species I want to breed.

    #354096

    mikev
    Participant

    Congrats!

    One day for me too…. but I’m going slowly, going to try Hoplos first….should be easier.. I have a tank of them slowly growing now, another six months, hopefully…..

    #354108

    TorillNB
    Member

    do you know of any others that has bred Dianema Longibarbis?

    #354109

    kim m
    Participant

    @torillnb said:

    do you know of any others that has bred Dianema Longibarbis?

    None at all :)

    #354110

    torso
    Participant

    Wow, great to hear that.

    I have some adult D. sp. red Ituxi. Still waiting for a new import and for fry, naturally.

    Do you have more details?

    cheers Charles

    #354112

    Darrell Ullisch
    Participant

    The species was occasionally bred back in the late 70s/early 80s; there was less interest in breeding catfish in those days. They were common in fish stores in those days, which made more opportunities for someone to breed them. They are not seen very often any more. There was also a reported spawning of Dianema urostriata, the Flagtail Porthole, by Dr. Sally Boggs of Pittsburgh. She was known to breed many difficult species of fish in those days.

    #354113

    TorillNB
    Member

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZGoBibT4ik

    Here you guys can see my tank, filmed tonight. 

    So they are bred then.. ok 

    They lay eggs all the time, you see in this video that the male lay under the nest, and that is nest number 11 :)

    #354114

    TorillNB
    Member

    Michael Hardman will post some more info  soon ;)

    #354116

    kim m
    Participant

    @torillnb said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZGoBibT4ik
    Here you guys can see my tank, filmed tonight. 
    So they are bred then.. ok 
    They lay eggs all the time, you see in this video that the male lay under the nest, and that is nest number 11 :)

    Nice video :)

    Red Ituxi are nice….I remember when they came as imports a few years back. I hope you crack them!

    Michael Hardman is definately one that have an idea about breeding catfish :)

    #354120

    TorillNB
    Member

    @kim m said:

    @torillnb said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZGoBibT4ik
    Here you guys can see my tank, filmed tonight. 
    So they are bred then.. ok 
    They lay eggs all the time, you see in this video that the male lay under the nest, and that is nest number 11 :)

    Nice video :)
    Red Ituxi are nice….I remember when they came as imports a few years back. I hope you crack them!
    Michael Hardman is definately one that have an idea about breeding catfish :)

    http://www.planetcatfish.com/shanesworld/shanesworld.php?article_id=530

    Kim… you can also read it here :)

    #354121

    kim m
    Participant

    @torillnb said:

    @kim m said:

    @torillnb said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZGoBibT4ik
    Here you guys can see my tank, filmed tonight. 
    So they are bred then.. ok 
    They lay eggs all the time, you see in this video that the male lay under the nest, and that is nest number 11 :)

    Nice video :)
    Red Ituxi are nice….I remember when they came as imports a few years back. I hope you crack them!
    Michael Hardman is definately one that have an idea about breeding catfish :)

    http://www.planetcatfish.com/shanesworld/shanesworld.php?article_id=530
    Kim… you can also read it here :)

    Thanks :)

    #354122

    torso
    Participant

    Thanks Laugh

    #354156

    Matt
    Keymaster

    Missed this thread somehow! What a great achievement – are you able to share any details of their breeding behaviour?

    #354161

    TorillNB
    Member

    Waterchange and plenty food, det male pushes the female under her belly, they cuddle alot , swimming together up and down. Then i guess she goes up to his bubblenest under the leaf and lay eggs 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.