LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Breeding Fiasco

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Breeding Fiasco

This topic contains 25 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Richy 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Richy
    Participant

Bn’s are at it again and gonna be moved to the growout tank. 3 BN survivours from last batch that I know of so something came out of the problems
    Red Cherry shrimp have babies, for how long I don’t know as in a community tank.
    Pygmy cories also look ready for the off /blink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blink:” border=”0″ alt=”blink.gif” />
    I’m not trying to breed cories but it would be nice if they were given the chance!!
    Male betta trying to eat cory eggs!! Thinking about moving him!!

mickthefish
    Participant

move the eggs it’s alot easier Richy, put them in any container like a margerine tub and some oak leaves if you have them, just shove an airline in with a clamp on you dont need it bubbling awat-y just so many per minute.
    if they’re fertile they should be hatching in around 3-4 days

mick

Richy
    Participant

looking at the 2 Adolphi’s there is a big difference in shape/girth so maybe I have a pair? There’s 10 eggs that I know of. I have a spare tank running with a sponge filter on but it has 5 Hengeli in it so i’ll have to move them first.
    b*gg*r, where to put the hengeli.
    Eggs have only appeared within the last hours ish, is it possible they’ll be fertile or have a chance to be by now?

mickthefish
    Participant

usually you cantell if they’re infrtile mate, they have a white spot inside the egg, fertile are usually fairly clear, if i can find a pic of eggs i’ll bang it up in the next few minutes bud, hope theyre fertile for you.
    you can remove the eggs now bud, use your finger they’re pretty adhesive if you’ve got a show tank you can stick the eggs in the sides then you can see the developement within the egg.

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

Yeah and don’t be too afraid of breaking them as they’re quite tough mate. Use your finger to kind of roll them off the glass.

Edit – busy day in your tanks!

Richy
    Participant

moved the fish to another tank, dunno how i got em all as i’m drinking /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” />
    It’s hard to tell as the white lights have gone off and just blue on now.

mickthefish
    Participant

have a look at this pic Richy, you can see most of the eggs are fertile but there are the odd ones amongst them that are white.

the eggs were from C89’s

mick

Richy
    Participant

they look yellowish here or is that tannings in the water? Well I moved 7 over but can’t see anymore as all the lights on the tank are off now.
    I have a feeling I probably moved them too early!
    Mine were dotted about in very small amounts but I have read that some cories scatter a few slowley and some just blast bunches out. Mine were mainly opaque/white not yellow like the photo looks to me here.
    I think my friends Julii only scattered a few randomly too but their Albino’s dumped large clusters.

mickthefish
    Participant

yeah there was a lot of tannins in the water bud, adolfoi only lay single eggs and not many up to 20 is a good number but normally 10-12 eggs is the norm.
    if the eggs were laid around an hour to 2 hours ago they would be fine to move as the outer caseing has had time to harden off.

mick

mickthefish
    Participant

Matt
    Keymaster

mickthefish
    Participant

just said i was having a drink or two bud.

Richy
    Participant

how do you think I feel, moving fish n eggs about at 12:45am after a few drinks lol Friday nights aint what they used to be /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />
    I really appreciate the help from you both at such late times

Richy
    Participant

this is a family forum so when you read “i just used the finger treatment” don’t reply to it with smut

mickthefish
    Participant

Richy if the eggs are gooduns this is what you’ll see in about 3 days bud, the eggs are of Habrosus.

mick

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.