LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Bumblebee Goby

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Bumblebee Goby

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sofia 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Sofia

Hi everyone. Here are pictures of my bumblebee gobies. Please tell me that they’ll be fine in my tank without salt..?

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi Sofia, cute little bugger

Sofia

Sorry, what do you mean by “rays”?

keith565
    Participant

the cartilage type strands in each fin. looks like an umbrella without the cover, hmm, not a good description,lol.
    the thick lines in the fins, they are rays. see if you can count them. i know where Matt is going with this,lol.

oh, great pics by the way.

Sofia

Ok, I will try to do that when I am home from uni.
    I will pass the pictures comment on to Michael who is always taking the photos for me, because I am no good with the camera.

I assume depending on the number of those “rays” it is the brackish, or freshwater species.
    I think I lost one though. Haven’t seen it since Wednesday evening /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” />

Sofia

Oh, those fish never stay still!

I would assume that they are the freshwater species though, as they were in the freshwater section.
    I will ask tomorrow as I am going in to get whitespot treatment and some live food for the fish anyway

keith565
    Participant

all my bettas were/are fed on attisons foods. it’s the best i know of. just keep trying him and he should come round, if not any good quality pellet food will do.
    as for the gobies. most aquatic outlets will keep the BB gobies in fresh water, usually because they can’t be bothered to set up a brackish tank just for them.

Sofia

OK, I am going in today and will ask them. They do however have a whole Marine section, so I didn’t expect it to be too much trouble to put them somewhere there. I will ask the (what seems to be) Main-guy and continue to try and count the rays…

Sofia

Right, I have been told they are the brackish species, so at least I don’t have to attempt and count the rays. Now I wonmder what to do now. Especially as that main tank has got now whitespot and is currently undergoing treatment,m but then i read that whitespot doesn’t appear in brackish conditions…I think?

Eyrie
    Participant

Ich is very salt-intolerant, so adding salt to a FW aquarium is one way to cure ich. However this isn’t a good idea if your fish prefer soft water.

If I remember correctly there is also a saltwater form of ich, for which the cure is decreased salinity.

keith565
    Participant

you should get away with one teaspoon of salt per gallon without any problems, this might be enough to keep all the fish happy inc the gobies.

Sofia

That’s added in now. 13 teaspoons of seasalt. Sadly it was too late for one of them :'(

The other fish are doing fine

keith565
    Participant

fingers crossed this helps

Matt
    Keymaster

Yep fingers crossed. Keep an eye on the rams, harlequins and gouramis as these are all soft water fish by nature and might not react well to the salt.

Sofia

I will watch out for them.

I wonder after how many questions I will be barred from the forum

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.