LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Burmese Clown Garra

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Burmese Clown Garra

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Graeme 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Graeme
    Participant

I forgot to show you all these chaps i purchased a few weeks ago. I placed them into a photo tank before i let them loose in their new home. Here’s a few pictures on them.

Graeme
    Participant

By the way Mark! They have them in ‘Fish Alive’

Matt
    Keymaster

Wow.

Graeme
    Participant

I picked up 4 of them (they weren’t the cheapest of fish).

Mark Duffill
    Participant

QUOTE (Graeme @ Sep 2 2008, 12:37 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    By the way Mark! They have them in ‘Fish Alive’

Graeme
    Participant

I was thinking early like around 10am when they open so i can get back for 11-ish. The missus needs the car. No problem if you cant make it, i’ll post it on here if there’s anything good in and you could drive down at a later time.

mickthefish
    Participant

great pics Graeme, i saw these when they come in at BAS they had’nt had enough time to ruin them, but they just did’nt do it for me Andy liked em though.
    i still prefer flavatra, if i could i’d have a tank load of them.

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

I saw some flavatra here that were an incredible colour, deep yellow and chocolate stripes and bright red fins. They were much more colourful than the ones I was keeping in England. They remain the only fish I´ve seen on sale here that I´d have considered buying. 4 euro each as well which is a steal.

Graeme
    Participant

I know what you mean chaps. I was justing thinking with the Garra flavatra that i keep, mine are black in body colour and the ones i see around at the moment look choc brown in body colour. I wonder if there’s a sexual dimorphism going on or a regional variant. Anyone else seen this? Here’s mine.

Richy
    Participant

stunning colours Graeme, the Flavatra’s I’ve seen are much less colourful, well, less vibrant as your photo’s. They still seem to do the cleaning job though

Graeme
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Sep 2 2008, 12:39 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Any idea on species?

I’ve been away for a while…. /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

dunc
    Keymaster

Both fishes are stunning Graeme, top images too

Graeme
    Participant

Thanks!

Matt
    Keymaster

QUOTE (Graeme @ Sep 2 2008, 07:59 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I know what you mean chaps. I was justing thinking with the Garra flavatra that i keep, mine are black in body colour and the ones i see around at the moment look choc brown in body colour. I wonder if there’s a sexual dimorphism going on or a regional variant. Anyone else seen this?

Yours there look different again to both the ones I was keeping and the batch I saw here Graeme. I reckon there could definitely be some regional variations as all the flavatra I´ve seen were in quite uniform-looking batches which would seem to discount sexual dimorphism?

Mmm G. spilota eh? Another species we can add eventually then! /cool.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”B)” border=”0″ alt=”cool.gif” />

Graeme
    Participant

Yeah, my brain cells are starting click in action again. With Garra’s the sexual dimorphism is shown in the males with the tubercles around the snout and operculum.

Feel free to add the Garra spilota to the Knowledge base, Matt.

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.