LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Caelatoglanis zonatus

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Caelatoglanis zonatus

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Stefan 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I picked up 5 of these Caelatoglanis zonatus last week, they are all around 1″ long and hopefully a group of 2 males and 3 females. They are a very lazy fish and just sit on the rocks or leaves all day and dont move until food goes in and then they go nuts

Stefan

They from Asia?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Yes Stefan

Stefan

Very very nice! What size do they reach eventually? Which countries do they occur in?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

They only reach 40mm fully grown and come from Myanmar

Stefan

Most interesting (and new to me). They remind a bit of (Para-)Akysis.

Matt
    Keymaster

Cool – look like a bit mini Bagarius too.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

There were Akysis sp in the next tank but even at way less than 1″ in length they were biting chunks out of each other /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

torso
    Participant

do you have more infos about keeping them, Mark?

Stefan

How good are these catfish at cleaning up the place? I’m still looking for something to add to my big Badis jsi tank.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

These are not to bad Stefan, I put those Badis I got off you at the Anabantoid weekend in their tank and they have never touched them, the cats do venture down to the bottom when its feeding time but majority of the time they lay on java fern leaves and dont move until food goes in, I have even had danio tinwini and Y. cruciatus fry in the same tank as these and they just done seem to be bothered.

Stefan

Cheers for that info. Do they keep the tank clean, because I’m looking for a fish that does just that, or would I be better off with a different one? I kinda like these wee cats!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.