LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Callichthys

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Sirkus

Alright folks, this is a toughy i think, just look at the photos. all other fish in that tank are relatively healthy and such, but yesterday i found what you see in the photo.

there is a red bubble thing coming out of its anus and the whole abdominal cavity is swollen red, it was very firm to the touch but i didnt fancy opening it up to have a look at what was swollen or perforated.

p.s. my finger is about 1.5cm wide at the tip.

Attached files

Adam
    Participant

Hello Sir

At a total guess baterial infection causing internal Haemoraging (Spelling?)

Bit vague sorry

keith565
    Participant

i agree, an internal infection causing hemorrhaging. sorry about the loss of your fish.

Sirkus

seems like a pretty bad case, i didnt expect it to come out of the anus like that with such a structure. maybe it was an organ bein pushed out, who knows. its gone now and wasnt in the tank long, hopefully it wont happen again.

SF Team, your welcome to use the pics if you wish

dunc
    Keymaster

Thanks Kris <3

Matt
    Keymaster

Just to concur with the above, looks like a prolapsed bowel at the very least Kris mate. I suppose that this kind of thing could be brought on just as easily by genetic weakness as an infection of some sort so thereĀ“s a good chance your other fish will be ok. /cool.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”B)” border=”0″ alt=”cool.gif” />

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.