LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Can A Snakehead Live In A British River !

Home Forums The Lounge Can A Snakehead Live In A British River !

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

geordie John
    Participant

No then, (edit, LoL a Fruedian slit oooops ! if ever ) ment to say Now then !
    Just wondering if anyone believes that a Snakehead could live in an English river then be rod caught in winter !!
    Some thing for the pond LoL I dont think so !
    All the best,
    G.John

Adam
    Participant

Hi G. John

Good question

dellag
    Participant

Pretty much agree with Adam. Most likely a hoax in my eyes. They may survive for a short period but not really when it’s been so cold lately.

Della

Matt
    Keymaster

I’m sceptical too. I saw the piece in the “Sun” and it was ridiculous, claiming that the species is a man-eater etc. Read it here. An Aussie site I saw had the headline “Killer fish terrifies Britain”. Hmmm…

As the others have said, I also reckon it’s probably been too cold recently for one of these to survive. Damn hardy fish though, snakeheads… Pic below is of the beast in question.

Adam, that is an intriguing thought about the factory. A river in Lancashire close to where I’m from used to have (maybe still has) a thriving population of guppies for that exact reason.

Attached files

Melaine
    Participant

This came up on another site and a channa “expert” says
    the eyes are very sunken and had been dead for a while

Matt
    Keymaster

Yeah I’ve seen it discussed elsewhere too; most folk agree that it was a hoax; his own pet or he found it dead somewhere…gotta love the press for blowing it out of all proportion though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.