LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Candiru – An Interesting Catfish

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Candiru – An Interesting Catfish

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Malti 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

Amazing species http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candiru

Richy
    Participant

alledgedly they’re attracted to urine so don’t urinate in the amazon /wub.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wub:” border=”0″ alt=”wub.gif” />
    I have a link somewhere.

Malti
    Participant

is there something similar in Africa? we were cautioned of not peeing in the river cause of it…and the crocs/hippos aswell (obviously crocs would eat you, and hippos fight for territory, none are attracted by the urine

Matt
    Keymaster

Think some members of that family dwell in Africa yep Karlos. Whereabouts were you? We had some Trichomycterus sp. in at Tom’s shop once. Too big to swim up your thing but they were on sale as “Willy Fish” anyway (nowt to do with me).

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

Dont know about you guys … but this is serious scarry stuff. /ohmy.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:o” border=”0″ alt=”ohmy.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

I think the actual records of them attacking humans is pretty low Haji. People are way more scary than these for me!

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

Thats a good one Matt /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” /> /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” /> /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

dunc
    Keymaster

QUOTE (Haji Badaruddin @ Sep 11 2008, 03:38 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I do not want to be featured in PFK news with these little fish stuck in my @#* /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” /> /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

If you are….no photographs please!

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Sep 11 2008, 04:03 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Think some members of that family dwell in Africa yep Karlos. Whereabouts were you? We had some Trichomycterus sp. in at Tom’s shop once. Too big to swim up your thing but they were on sale as “Willy Fish” anyway (nowt to do with me). < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    If you are….no photographs please!

Graeme
    Participant

/laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

David Marshall
    Participant

Bad enough with the Red Devil cichlid that I have, he just loves attacking fingers, so definetly no Candiru for my aquaria.

David

Malti
    Participant

David you’d be a site in Emergency with a Red devil Cichlid on your fingers and a Candiru on your other “finger”…

Author
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.