LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Caridina Sp. 'green'

Home Forums Invertebrates & Other Critters Caridina Sp. 'green'

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  keith565 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

I was in the only shop for miles around that sells frozen bloodworm yesterday and my other half decided she wanted a small tank in the bedroom.

Attached files

Richy
    Participant

nice shrimps, I have some greens aswell and 1 female fully berried up /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />) Greens only been in since thursday but i have high hopes for them too. PH should be fine but if you dont have much sucess try lowing it a little bit. Plenty of foliage and driftwood will go down a treat, will make them feel safe and happy /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Good luck and keep us posted

keith565
    Participant

nice shrimp. looks like neo ‘sp’ babaulti (spelling).
    the water should be fine, very similar to mine and they are breeding well.
    they may take time to settle in, mine were very quiet when i first got them but are now racing round the tank, i think more active than some shrimps.

Matt
    Keymaster

Ok thanks guys I’ll just keep an eye on them then.

keith565
    Participant

hmm, if they are indeed Caridina cf. babaulti, then probably a few degrees to cool. although mine are in a tank that often drops to 22C ish, so just keep an eye on them for now, once settled, see how they are.

Matt
    Keymaster

Ok Keith will do cheers.

Richy
    Participant

temp will be fine, mine are breeding in unheated and heated tanks, the unheated dropped to as low as about 12c when my heating house broke but still survived. Unheated sitting at about 20c as i type and breeding like mad so i’d guess these will be ok aswell /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

keith565
    Participant

QUOTE (Richy @ Mar 9 2009, 06:42 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    temp will be fine, mine are breeding in unheated and heated tanks, the unheated dropped to as low as about 12c when my heating house broke but still survived. Unheated sitting at about 20c as i type and breeding like mad so i’d guess these will be ok aswell /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

CLEVER DICK,lol. /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.