LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Characadon Lateralis

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Characadon Lateralis

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jarcave 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jarcave
    Participant

Anyone keeping these? Or has anyone kept them? If so, can you post about your experiences please?

How did you keep them?
    What did you feed them?
    How many fry did they produce?
    Is there anything else a prospective keeper needs to be aware of?

Thanks in advance.
    Jared

Reva
    Participant

Hi Jared, Whenever I see the word Rainbow, I have to read the thread whether it’s my kind or not. http://www.canadianaquariumconnection.com/…hread.php?t=105

keith565
    Participant

i keep these along with 3 other characodon species.
    they are a beautiful fish and the common name suits them very well. i keep mine in a 24 x 15 x 15 tank. keep them cool at about upper 60’s to lower 70’s. they like a fair amount of water movement, not to brisk mind and lots of plant as they like vegetation.
    i have wool mops in my tank as they are fry eaters, so this helps protect the fry while i catch them and remove them. i’ve move a few females into breeding tanks but they seem to stress easy.
    water parameters not to important, but hard water and upper level of ph, 7.5 or so should suit them.
    i feed usual flake foods, high protein granules, live and frozen bloodworm and blanched spinach and cucumber.
    an adult female can drop 15-20 fry every 40-45 days.
    only thing i can think about these is the males will fight, so plenty of cover is recommended.
    hope you have as much enjoyment from yours as i do mine.

Matt
    Keymaster

Beautiful fish Keith mate.

keith565
    Participant

this collection comes from los berros, Mexico, but i also have a collection from los pinos.

Jarcave
    Participant

Very nice fish there Keith. If you ever have any fry or juvenilles you would like to sell then please PM me.

keith565
    Participant

QUOTE (Jarcave @ Aug 9 2008, 05:23 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Very nice fish there Keith. If you ever have any fry or juvenilles you would like to sell then please PM me. /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />

Jarcave
    Participant

QUOTE (keith565 @ Aug 10 2008, 08:57 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hiya.
    i will do, but as you might expect, i have a waiting list for them, and they don’t produce masses of young. but i will pm you as soon as i have some spare.
    Author
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.