LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Coldwater Tank

Home Forums My Aquarium Coldwater Tank

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Fishwife 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Fishwife
    Participant

I’ve recently bought 5 Long finned Minnows and they are at present in a cycled 10 litre tank, far too small I know but I had originally intended to put them in a 50 litre 2 ft tank and add a couple of Hillstream loaches.

I intended to move the fish from the 50 litre (Cardinals and a couple of old Corrys) into a new 35 litre Arcadia Arc, but I’ve been bought 8 very pretty little Neon Yellow Rasbora, and the only place I’ve got room for them is the 50 litre.

If I move the Minnows into the Arc, do you think it’ll be possible to get just one Loach

Matt
    Keymaster

Most loaches do best and are much more interesting to watch when kept in groups. What are the approximate dimensions of the 35l tank and which species do you mean by “hill stream loach”? Is it this one or one of these?

Fishwife
    Participant

It was the Butterfly Loaches that I’ve seen in the LFS, I thought they were such interesting little fish, but read they should be kept in a 2ft tank, the 35 litre is 40 x 28 x 33H cm. I was planning on a Hydor Koralia nano in the 50 litre tank, but don’t know if the 35 will be big enough for one of those as they may be a bit too powerful.

I think I’d probably be as well, to just stick with the Minnows, maybe getting a couple of Golden ones for a bit of contrast, what do you think?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.