LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Colisa chuna And Boraras maculatus

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Colisa chuna And Boraras maculatus

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Great!

torso
    Participant

QUOTE (Kajsa12 @ Mar 22 2011, 08:53 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Isn’t that B. merah in the last picture?
    Lovely little fishes.

I just found the article about boraras merah-boraras brigittae.

Hans-Jürgen Körner: Die Barat-Zwergrasbora-eine Farbvariante der Moskitorasbora; Amazonas 22 2009

the discussion if the author was right with the conclusion – that’s the same species – goes on. Frank Schäfer denies, the author keeps up his opinion after a lot of generations he’s bred. the fry shows both patterns and colouring.
    I couldn’t get fry up till now.
    the last article about this matter was in BSSW. it’s must be somewhere in my library.
    if anybody needs the article …

oaken
    Participant

QUOTE (torso @ Jun 15 2011, 11:18 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I just found the article about boraras merah-boraras brigittae.

Hans-Jürgen Körner: Die Barat-Zwergrasbora-eine Farbvariante der Moskitorasbora; Amazonas 22 2009

the discussion if the author was right with the conclusion – that’s the same species – goes on. Frank Schäfer denies, the author keeps up his opinion after a lot of generations he’s bred. the fry shows both patterns and colouring.
    I couldn’t get fry up till now.
    the last article about this matter was in BSSW. it’s must be somewhere in my library.
    if anybody needs the article …

Erik Åhlander is working on an article about this matter at the moment. I think it will be published in english as well.

Senor Bastardo
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Mar 22 2011, 11:10 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Agreed that the last one is different but the rest look like B. maculatus to me. B. micros is a fairly colourless fish.

Late reply but I´ve always been a slow starter.

The “normal” type of B. micros is pretty drab yes, but there is also a morph that is quite red.

Gustaf the article Åhlander is working is regarding B. brigittae and B. merah isn´t it? Pleasure to meet you in person by the way!

oaken
    Participant

QUOTE (Senor Bastardo @ Jun 16 2011, 07:08 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Gustaf the article Åhlander is working is regarding B. brigittae and B. merah isn´t it? Pleasure to meet you in person by the way!

Indeed. But torso was refering to that topic in that post

Matt
    Keymaster

QUOTE (oaken @ Jun 15 2011, 09:38 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Erik Åhlander is working on an article about this matter at the moment. I think it will be published in english as well.

That’s great news Gustav! Any idea where or when it’ll be published?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.