LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Colisa Lalia – Dwarf Gourami

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Colisa Lalia – Dwarf Gourami

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Malti 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Malti
    Participant

On the knowledge base there’s the male “neon form” – looks like a female to me

to compare here’s some pics of my females….one died today and was dead couple of hrs so colouring was fading, but the other one is damn close

–> SF

–> Mine

mickthefish
    Participant

naw mate, thats a male look at the dorsal point and the colour of the ventrals.
    your is a female alright with a belly full of roe.

mick

Malti
    Participant

looks like a male, but the colours are too drab…

and she’s full after 4/5 days of spawning….baby machine

mickthefish
    Participant

the flash has hit it so it draws the colours.
    i used to breed them bud, never ending fry supplier, takes an age to get a saleable size of them though.

I was gonna ask this earlier this week but forgot, how come your keeping diddy fish i had two mates who went over to Malta and were invited into a few lads homes to see their fish,
    to say they were impressed would be an understatement with the sizes of the tanks.
    but mainly they saw big cichlids and not very much of the small fish.
    unfortunately one of my mates has passed away due to the big C but Bill Drake is still with us, he also attended one of your fish shows and being a fish judge he was very impressed with the quality of the fish.
    ever heard that name bud, he is well known in the killi scene.
    btw the other lad was called Brian Wilson, a nice guy.

mick

Malti
    Participant

don’t really have place/cash for the big fish yet…and I’m hooked on bettas..

yep heard about Bill drake, a guy i know spoke highly of him, he’s a champ of killis around here

and its not only flash mate, i see it so with naked eye…took pics after i noticed the neon looked like my female

mickthefish
    Participant

OH man, he shown us slides of this guys tanks/swimming pools built into the rockface they were huge,
    i know Bill very well, could you let the people that know him he’s just come out of hospital a couple of days ago but he’s alright.
    i have the highest respect for that man, he’s bred killi’s that were supposed to be unbreedable but he found a way, but he’s also humble.
    i think thats how you spell it.

right it’s bo bo time ive finished my Dalwhinnie and 36 bottles of grolsh so in mancunian, i’m shedded.
    G night

mick

Malti
    Participant

I will if i see them, good to hear he’s alright

Matt
    Keymaster

Told ya Karlos!

Malti
    Participant

/tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” />

KAH
    Participant

yup, top fish is a male. The females always seem to have that bright dot on the peduncle too.

what’s a diddy fish?

mickthefish
    Participant

Hi KAH, it’s what we call little fish mate, haha

mick

KAH
    Participant

mickthefish
    Participant

/laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Malti
    Participant

got some not so diddy Trichogaster trichopterus gold form today….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.