LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Complete My Tank

Home Forums My Aquarium Complete My Tank

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  JackGillett 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

JackGillett
    Participant

i have an 81cm tank and is stocked nicely, apart form the upper levels, and the open areas.can anyone advise me on some more fish that are confident etc. thank you. also i have 2 boesmani rainbows soon to be joined by 2 more.

Matt
    Keymaster

Hmm 81 cm might end up being a bit small for adult boesmani. What are the other dimensions and what else is in there Jack?

Edit: just seen your other thread with stocklist. Dimensions would still be useful. 🙂

Plaamoo
    Participant

Hi Jack, I’d have to agree with Matt, I wouldn’t keep m. boesmani in less than a 4 ft. tank. Some of the smaller species like m praecox or m. macullochi would be better. Assuming your tank is in the 30 gal range, I’d say you’re full without the rainbows. The 2 bristlenose will also be a bit much.

JackGillett
    Participant

yes i hope to upgrade to a 120cm tank soon. tanksize is heightx lengthx width 46cm x 81cm x 31cm. i made amistake with the rainbows, /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” /> arrrrggghh!

Plaamoo
    Participant

We’ve all done it Jack! We learn the hard way to research fish requirements before we buy. Still difficult sometimes, avoiding the impulse buy! How are your nitrates? Water change routine??

JackGillett
    Participant

yeah its so difficult because people say different things and advise different things /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Eyrie
    Participant

Ammonia and nitrItes should both be nil, especially after ten months. Are you using dip strips, or are your test kits still in date?

JackGillett
    Participant

how long are the lives of test kits? vthe liquid ones? by the way im just about to do a water change…. its time

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.