LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Computer Problems

Home Forums The Lounge Computer Problems

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Malti 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

johnpeten
    Participant

For anybody interested this is the progress with my computer that was struck by lightning. The strikes also killed twp horses about 200 yards from my house. My TV is in intensive care with little hope of a competent Brain Surgeon being found.
    The CPU is dead. The hard drive has been connected to a computer with a good mother board. The Windows XP system on the hard drive is damaged and will not boot. Booting the computer with a system CD allows access to the hard drive data. The system cannot be replaced without formatting the hard drive.
    I now have the task of sifting through 100 gbs of data and copying it to DVDs. When this is completed the hard drive can be made functional again. When a new mother board arrives I will have my computer available again.
    The damaged CPU ran at 2 Mhzs I will probably have to settle for 1.6 Mhzs CPU on the new board.
    Considering where I live it is amazing that we can make this much progress.

An odd story: When I was in England, many moons ago, I bought a couple of elegant Fountain Pens but forgot to buy some ink or cartridges. I have finally re-discovered these pens and found some cartridges. I showed them to some of my friends who now think that these pens are the latest space age technology and want to know how they can obtain them.

Malti
    Participant

oh thats a bummer John…

well my first fountain pen sure looked space like even if it was over 20yrs old…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.