LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Computer Problems

Home Forums The Lounge Computer Problems

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

keith565
    Participant

i’m having comp/internet problems at the mo so will be back asap.
    i now know how Dunc feels.

Matt
    Keymaster

Hope you get it sorted soon mate.

Malti
    Participant

gluck – sometimes swearing at the machine helps!

keith565
    Participant

well, i’m back on my ‘old’ machine for now. my sons has gone into the shop for some tlc. i might need some when i find out how much it will cost to repair.lol

thelizzious

I seriously hope it’s never gonna happen again, but when the board falls into troubles again, who, what, where are we going to ask what’s wrong? I, for myself, hate the uncertainty, not knowing what happened and if you guys are okay. I mean, you never know. Is there an email adress where we can contact one of you just for the purpose of the board’s situation? Maybe it’s staring me right in the eyes but I can’t find the email adress of this site. (okay, now you can come and make fun of me again

Matt
    Keymaster

Problem is Liz the emails are linked to the site…if it goes down we can’t access them. I can pm you my webmail address if you like?

dunc
    Keymaster

Well.. what a nightmare /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />). Components arrived a week ago, the day after I got out of hospital. I crutched/hobbled/one-legged-jumped around my dining room table and spent five hours building the system.

All seemed well until it started crashing /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

Malti
    Participant

hope you’re ok mate! you were in orthopaedics? (I’m working in that area now)

and fingers crossed for whatever u said in the last sentence

QUOTE (dunc @ Nov 14 2008, 05:14 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I9 days ago now I went in to hospital for surgery on my knee (long story, I’m sure I’ve posted about it somewhere before

Eyrie
    Participant

Sympathies on the operation Dunc. I had my elbow replaced a couple of years ago and that was limiting enough, but at least I was still mobile.

dunc
    Keymaster

QUOTE (Urban Aquarist @ Nov 15 2008, 07:20 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I certainly can understand your struggles with the knee. I just had knee arthoscopy last thursday- I still can’t walk with my normal stride. They had to remove some of my cartillage I had torn in there. Glad you got the system up. I found out how much I used my wife and kids as I was ‘reluctant to mobilize’. Around the house tasks are not-so-simple when I felt like I was falling apart.

-Urb

I’ve had two arthroscopies in the last year.. and then this operation which was to repair a torn cruciate ligament. Grr

thelizzious

QUOTE (Matt @ Nov 15 2008, 12:54 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Problem is Liz the emails are linked to the site…if it goes down we can’t access them. I can pm you my webmail address if you like?

I would appreciate it very much, thx!

thelizzious

QUOTE (dunc @ Nov 15 2008, 02:14 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Well.. what a nightmare /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />). Components arrived a week ago, the day after I got out of hospital. I crutched/hobbled/one-legged-jumped around my dining room table and spent five hours building the system.

All seemed well until it started crashing /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

All fingers crossed.
    I think I know what you feel, I’ve got RA in both joints and muscles. But it is Lupus related, so there’s not much uncle doctor can do for me, so along I hobble. Wish you very much strength and a soon recovery.

thelizzious

QUOTE (Urban Aquarist @ Nov 15 2008, 08:20 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I certainly can understand your struggles with the knee. I just had knee arthoscopy last thursday- I still can’t walk with my normal stride. They had to remove some of my cartillage I had torn in there. Glad you got the system up. I found out how much I used my wife and kids as I was ‘reluctant to mobilize’. Around the house tasks are not-so-simple when I felt like I was falling apart.

-Urb

I am so sorry to hear that, I hope you get well soon. What a fine bunch of hobbledehoy’s we are, huh?

keith565
    Participant

hope you are on the mend Dunc. glad the computer is sorted, you building it for nassa (£1600)??????
    i’ve decided to keep mine and give the other dual core to my eldest son. (simple, it wouldn’t fit under my comp desk,lol)
    all running smooth now and i’m trying vista black at the mo, like it a lot.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.