LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Conger Eels

Home Forums The Lounge Conger Eels

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  David Marshall 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Reva
    Participant

Hi guys and gals, I have been really busy with pet sitting lately, so just wanted to drop in and say hi to you all. I scooped up some baby Bosemani Rainbows for 1/3 their usual price, and my Red New Guineas are having orgies, so I am setting up another 50 gallon tank /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” /> and they were talking about Crescent Lake in Newfoundland having had numerous reports of a monster eel they have nicknamed Cressie. “Scientists think it may be a Conger Eel, trapped in fresh water, and who’s food has gone into producing size rather than reproduction. These eels travel between the ocean and fresh water for breeding, much like salmon, or so they said. the lake seemed rather devoid of fish in their under water camera shots, and was full of hiding places and very easily stirred up debris. Do you guys think a Conger Eel could be there, grown to four or five times normal size?

I am BACK…making Matt shake his head and groan…causing Duncan to go for a beer, and Mick the Fish try to make Sense of it all

Matt
    Keymaster

Hello dear, sorry forgot about this thread until just now! /huh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:huh:” border=”0″ alt=”huh.gif” />

Malti
    Participant

maybe a hybrid conger eel? remember the thread where the adults where huge…like 4 times as much as the normal?

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey Reva

I enjoy these programmes as you can get to see plenty of fish habitats.

The thing which frustrates me is that the ‘monster searchers’ go to exotic places associated with ‘unknown creatures’, while taking with them what would appear to be thousands of £/$ worth of equipment, yet never actually stay long enough to do proper investigations.

We have an article commissioned for Issue 6 of TAG all about ‘Super eels’.

I don’t want to wander from an aquatic subject but I think that Big Foot or the like will, one day, be confirmed as a ‘known creature’. I think the legends of the North American Indian tribes hold the key as they believed that Big Foot was an inter-dimensional traveller.

Regards David

andy rushworth
    Participant

Wasn’t that Spring Heeled Jack ?

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey Andy

Hope you are well.

Author
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.