LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Contraceptive, Fish And Chips

Home Forums The Lounge Contraceptive, Fish And Chips

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  thelizzious 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

thelizzious

/rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” /> What am I gonna do with all the fry? There should be a contraceptive for fish /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

mickthefish
    Participant

sounds like they could have been sterbai or Aspidoras pauciradiatus Liz.

mick

thelizzious

I may have done something very stupid and spontaneous.

Four of them. /blush.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blush:” border=”0″ alt=”blush.gif” />
    Any suggestions?
    Btw I think the first one you mentioned is right, Mick.

mickthefish
    Participant

on both the paleatus and aeneus the female is the larger of the two sexes, aeneus females can get to nearly 4 inches, paleatus slightly less than that.
    i think you’ll be alright with them just up how many times you do a water change.

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

Just in case you’re confused Liz you have Corydoras paleatus which is commonly called the peppered cory in English plus those albino ones which as Mick says are probably Corydoras aeneus (bronze cory). Make sure you keep your substrate very clean as they can develop problems with their barbels if it gets too dirty. If you don’t already have one I’d suggest purchasing one of those pump-action gravel cleaners. Good luck with them!

thelizzious

Thank so much. I’ve done my homework about the corys before I ordered them. I have been in luv with them since I layed my eyes on pictures of them from your knowledge base. Which should prove that what you guys are doing here is a real good asset to newbies like yours truly.
    I refresh the tanks (both) every week for 20% but I also use extra Aquaflow external filters.
    For the 60 l. tank I use sand, both white cement sand and in the middle very fine black sand, I also have large crystal marbles and rounded pebles, plus a jungle of the most cheapest aquaplants, which I always call my fish salade, because my goldies taer them up and eat them but in the tropic tank they get the chance to root and grow, sometimes with amazing speed.

mickthefish
    Participant

they will settle down pretty quick in your tank, they are totally inoffensive to any fish.
    buy some catfish pellets for them but don’t give it to them every day just a few times a week and they should grow well.

mick

thelizzious

QUOTE (mickthefish @ Oct 16 2008, 09:42 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    they will settle down pretty quick in your tank, they are totally inoffensive to any fish.
    buy some catfish pellets for them but don’t give it to them every day just a few times a week and they should grow well.

mick

Thank you!
    They’ve settled down wonderfully already. And they’re my favorite in the tank because not only they are very pretty, they also are so well behaving. I really

Author
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.