LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Corydoras

Home Forums My Aquarium Corydoras

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ndc 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ndc
    Participant

i have bought a breeding group of sterbai which are coming this week (9 in total but ill be adding to this over time). im looking for something to ‘fill’ the rest of the tank – must be reasonably well coloured and completely safe for the corys and any eggs / fry they produce. i was thinking of guppies (cant believe ive said that – but needs must !) or another livebearer – only problem is getting decent stock, anyone in the north east either breed or know someone who breeds decent healthy stock? or does anyone have any other suggestions? cheers neill (btw, i usually like to keep fish which are usually from the same areas but as this is for breeding only id look at anything) and the tank is a juwel rio 300 (120x55x50 cm) filtered with eheim pro 3 2080 so theres lots of space !

mickthefish
    Participant

a better fish for a breeding setup would be any of the Boraras species, very small mouths but very showy.

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi Neill if you’re after livebearers give Keith a pm or wait for him to reply in here. He da man.

ndc
    Participant

cheers both, i think id like to go for a livebearer as i havent really bothered with them much before, although the boraras do look nice

ndc
    Participant

and ive always had a soft spot for rainbows, maybe some pseudomugil gertrudae? – need fish that are also relatively easily available and not too expensive so i can get a reasonable number.

ndc
    Participant

the boraras are now looking favourite as theres a couple of sp. available from petra aqua – also like the idea of shrimp as ive not kept those long term either, which would be the best for a reasonably well planted tank ph probably 6.5 ish , temp 24-26c or are they all much of a muchness? do any of them eat fish eggs or are they all safe as well? cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.