LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

cray fish with pleco and jewel cichlid

Home Forums Invertebrates & Other Critters cray fish with pleco and jewel cichlid

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  aquariumhobbyist 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

brian c
    Participant

i didnt know where to post this so move it at will. i have a 20 gallon tank i am moving the fish from it to a 30 gallon tank and i know im gonna stock it with a jewel cichlid and a bristle nose pleco albino would a dwarf orange cray fish like the ones at petco

Byron Hosking
    Participant

I would not recommend a crayfish (or similar crustacean) in with fish.  As for the cichlid in a 20g, I just posted in that thread and this too is not a good idea.  Better choices for a 20g would be a group of a shoaling species, one of the smaller characins for instance.

Byron.

Matt
    Keymaster

Totally agree with Byron, crayfish and fish should not be mixed.

aquariumhobbyist
    Participant

You said you are moving your current stock in the 20 Gallon to a 30 Gallon and are considering adding a jewel cichlid and an ABN pleco (which you said you know are getting). Were these the fish that were currently in the 20 G, or are these in addition to the ones you have in the 20 G? If in addition to the ones you already have, what do you currently have? Jewel cichlids can be aggressive to tank mates and at feeding times.

Also, as Byron and Matt said, no to the crayfish, especially the dwarf kind. Dwarf caryfish are so small that they would easily fit in the mouth of an adult jewel cichlid, or even a juvenile one. Perhaps if you were considering a larger crayfish, they you could be ok until the jewel cichlid grows (if the jewel is a juvenile) but even then, no guarantees…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.