LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Crinum Thaianum

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Crinum Thaianum

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Duffill 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I bought 12 C. thaianum off of Jared a couple of weeks ago, due to a c##k up by Royal Mail they arrived after 5 days rather than next day and looked a little grotty.

Anyway after trimming them down and taking a couple of the outer layers of skin off I weighted them down and left them to it, the most green growth on one of them was around 3/4″ and this is what they look like now in my 24″ deep tank:

Once I have moved these to the back of the tank I will be ordering more

Matt
    Keymaster

They certainly seem to be coping with the flow mate! Going for a weedy effect in that tank?

Bluedave
    Participant

Good job it was crinums and they are more or less indestructible! Anything else probably would have died back to nothing.

Will look brilliant at the back of the tank – you’ll have to post some pics once you’ve moved ’em.

Jarcave
    Participant

Glad they’re doing well after the post office cock up. The tank looks well. As Dave has said, these things are pretty much indestructible. And grow like triffids.

Nuphar japonica are the same. They grow at about an inch a day!

Jarcave
    Participant

I think with all the extra bulbs you’ve bought mate, we’re due some updated pics!

Mark Duffill
    Participant

QUOTE (Jarcave @ Jan 9 2009, 03:55 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I think with all the extra bulbs you’ve bought mate, we’re due some updated pics! /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

They have gone beserk so I am moving some of the more established plants into pots and putting them into the 7ft, once that done I will supply photos

Author
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.