LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

cross breeding

Home Forums My Aquarium cross breeding

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bungle1973
    Participant

I have several tanks, one tropical, one fresh water and the other is sort of in between, a few month ago I put three yellow goldfish & two shubunkins and four rather fat white cloud mountain minnows ( obviously female & heavy with eggs ) after putting a heater in just enough to take the chill off it, a few weeks later I found the shubunkins to be both males & the yellow goldfish all female, then shortly after the three yellow females & the female white cloud mountain minnows started scttring egss and the male shubunkins were hot on their tales (including the minnows)

And three days later I had hundreds of fry stuck to the inside of the tank, now five weeks on I have about 200 goldfish fry and of which three are young mountain minnow fry (spawned by shubunkins ) they are three or four times bigger than the rest of the goldfish fry but their eyes are electric blue & their lateral line is also electric blue, I have culled hundreds of the other fry over the last five week, but now find I don’t need to cull anymore as the minnow fry are picking off all the bad swimmers or stunted ones…..

Wasn’t sure where to post this, so just posted it on here….

aistinmark
    Participant

Your experiment process very remarkable how to breeding the fish eggs to going on process of heat. I have interest only on normal breeding of fishes to facilitate all suitable required things in which more existing is its aquarium plants and its physically fit for all aspects.

Matt
    Keymaster

I would say that this is impossible. Are you sure that you sexed the goldfish correctly?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.