LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Cryptocoryne Mutating Into An Unknown Creature

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Cryptocoryne Mutating Into An Unknown Creature

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stefan 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Stefan

I have many Cryptocoryne crispatula var. balansae but there’s one that growing very strangely (the bows); never seen that before. I wonder how and why; maybe someone here has got an idea?

Bluedave
    Participant

It just looks a bit nutrient deficient to me mate – are you adding any ferts?

I’d take off the ‘whispy’ leaves as they are dead and doing the plant no good.

Stefan

QUOTE (Bluedave @ Dec 28 2010, 08:32 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    It just looks a bit nutrient deficient to me mate – are you adding any ferts?

I’d take off the ‘whispy’ leaves as they are dead and doing the plant no good.

A nutrient deficiency can cause leaves to merge like that? I add EasyLife stuff to that tank; ProFito and Carbo.

What does ‘whispy’ mean?

Bluedave
    Participant

The whispy bits are the brown bits on the ends that have lost their shape and kind of ‘float about’ in the flow.

Missed the growing together – thought maybe it was the picture? Those leaves just seem to have attached themselves to the others – happens from time to time – also happens with non-aqautic plants quite a bit. No reason for it – just two leaves growing together – think it’s just a co-incidence that you have quite a symmetrical pairing?

Could be wrong, if anybody knows an actual reason this happens I’d like to know as much as you Stefan!

Stefan

QUOTE (Bluedave @ Dec 30 2010, 10:08 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The whispy bits are the brown bits on the ends that have lost their shape and kind of ‘float about’ in the flow.

Missed the growing together – thought maybe it was the picture? Those leaves just seem to have attached themselves to the others – happens from time to time – also happens with non-aqautic plants quite a bit. No reason for it – just two leaves growing together – think it’s just a co-incidence that you have quite a symmetrical pairing?

Could be wrong, if anybody knows an actual reason this happens I’d like to know as much as you Stefan!

Ha ha yeah the bows were the point of my thread because I’ve never seen such a thing before. But good to know that it happens now and then. Yeah I’d like to know the reason as well!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.