LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Cualac Tessellatus

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Cualac Tessellatus

This topic contains 21 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

dunc
    Keymaster

I was only partially serious but I think it’s definitely something that – at a later date – we could look in to as a community. I fully agree, it would need to be done properly.

It would be so fantastic for a community such as SF to have an impact on the existence of certain species because their members had spawned quality, healthy fishes.

mzapater
    Participant

Great that these seem to be doing well!

Mine are also growing and have a nice breeding group for next Spring. I think that Juan Pablo will also get some pairs from his juveniles.

This is a tricky species, worked very well this year with lots of algae, very hot temperature and pieces of gypsum rock in their tub. They didn´t even eat the fry like these.

Let me know how they do for you!

Manuel…

Malti
    Participant

wish u luck with them Matt, and Dunc I like your idea

Matt
    Keymaster

Manuel I actually forgot to ask will these be ok over the winter without a heater in their container?

thelizzious

QUOTE (dunc @ Oct 16 2008, 10:08 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I was only partially serious but I think it’s definitely something that – at a later date – we could look in to as a community. I fully agree, it would need to be done properly.

It would be so fantastic for a community such as SF to have an impact on the existence of certain species because their members had spawned quality, healthy fishes.

That would make a great contribution for such small species in a world like ours that realy needs all the help it can get to survive, global-warmingly- thinking. If I only had the knowledge I would feel indescribably rich to help.

mzapater
    Participant

They should be ok at 16 ºC or more, if there is any risk of going below that, put a heater on… I dont´think they´ll grow too quickly now.

Keep in touch about them,

Manuel…

pd: any mento eggs yet?

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi Manuel no I haven’t seen any. I think I need to add more mops as the algae has pretty much died back now so any eggs that are being produced are getting eaten quite quickly I suppose.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.