LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Cyanocharax

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  coelacanth 6 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

coelacanth
    Participant

Picked up two pairs of Cyanocharax from Pier last week, probably C. uruguayensis. Put them straight outside, males with some Corydoras cf. longipinnis and a female Phalloceros, females are on their own. Was a bit twitchy on Saturday night when it got quite cool out there, but needn’t have worried, they’ve never stopped dashing around. Next warm spell, I’ll throw some Cabomba in with the females, add the males and see what happens. Already into July so getting a bit late to be trying too many other things, I had wanted to put some Dragonfin tets outside but I think someone wanted all that were left so decided to leave them.

The Austrolebias that are in one of the tubs out there are doing extremely well, I’ll be interested to see what the colours are like under the Sun once they start to mature. 

Matt
    Keymaster

What kind of tubs are you using Pete?

coelacanth
    Participant

The Austrolebias are in a black garden trug, a whole £2.49 from Aldi, the others are in 50cm black plastic half-barrels from The Range, another cheap’n’nasty store, they were a few quid each. 50cm doesn’t sounds much but they’re quite substantial. Being black they soak up the Sun quickly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.