LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Cycling New SaltWater Tank With Fish

Home Forums My Aquarium Cycling New SaltWater Tank With Fish

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Josh 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Josh
    Participant

I have a new 13 gallon tank maybe 2 weeks old and I am trying to figure out if I need to change out my water or if I should let the tank finish cycling. The levels are higher than I know they should be but ammonia is starting to drop so Im wondering if the cycle will finish soon or if I need to change the water for the sake of the fish. There is brown algae all over the sides and bottom of the tank and I also want to clean that but don’t want to scrub it off if it’s what’s helping the tank cycle. Please help me out, need more information.

pH: 8.4
    Ammonia: 0.02 ppm
    Nitrite: 2.0
    Nitrate: 40
    Temperature: 81 F

GH/KH: Not sure
    TDS/Conductivity: Not sure
    Tap Water Parameters: ??
    Test kit used: Strip
    (Liquid or strip)

Tank Size: 24″W x 8-1/2″D x 16-1/2″H -13 Gallon
    (Dimensions & Volume)

Length of time set-up: 2.5 weeks
    Filtration used:
    Aqueon Drip Filter ??
    (Type & media)
    Maintenance Schedule: 3 water changes. 20% about one week after getting it, 20% about one week after that, and 50% a few days ago so that I could move it. I haven’t cleaned the filter because I was told to leave it until the tank cycles. I use Petco brand water conditioner and salt to treat and mix my water. I also test ph and water temp before adding water to tank. Salinity is currently at 1.025 which from my understanding is high.

Detailed stock list: Banghai Cardinal 2″, Dottyback Orchid 1.5″, Clown Fish 1″, Sand Glider Starfish 1.5″, Hermit crab 1/8″, I also have another blue fish that I am not sure of the species on but it is about 1″ in size. I also have a live rock pretty small in size maybe the size of a fist.

Recent additions to tank: Sand Glider Starfish, Blue 1″ fish

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.