LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Cyclocheilichthys Spp.

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Cyclocheilichthys Spp.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Garra is on hold so I’ll bash on with this genus. These are the ones we have pics for:

C. apogon (Mick’s pic):

C. heteronema (HW’s pic):

Young C. janthochir (Ola Ã…hlander):

C. repasson (Mick again):

Any experiences with these would be mucho useful please gents.

Attached files

mickthefish
    Participant

the janthochir repasson and apogon need near enough the same conditions for them to be happy neutral water with a decent flow and plenty of food, their temperament is brilliant with no aggression shown by any of these three species.
    the heteronema is a different matter, so far since having them they are a very nervous fish only liking small foods such as tubifex, bloodworm and mossie larvae so far but are getting accustomed to some fine pellet food i’ve been giving them.
    this is a very interesting species to observe though.
    when hunting for food the barbels come into play, shooting forward like probes they skim the base of the tank till they find something to eat. really neat to watch.

retro_gk
    Participant

Are you sure the janthochir is not a chalakkudiensis, Mick? /ph34r.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:ph34r:” border=”0″ alt=”ph34r.gif” />

mickthefish
    Participant

no mate definitely a janthochir but i think heiko would argue the point. /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />
    like your style Rahul.

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

It must be a new species because chalakkudiensis looks exactly like denisonii according to this!

mickthefish
    Participant

the mans a plonker, everything he gets is a new species even the bloody zebra danio.

Matt
    Keymaster

That’s our first lawsuit right there…

mickthefish
    Participant

yes mate, i only had small shoals of each mainly because of the size they get to.
    at the moment i only have janthochir and heteronema in groups of 4, i would like to get more heteronema but they won’t be seen in the shops i’m afraid, these 4 that i have were sent to me via Neil at pier aquatics from Nonn Panitvong of which i’m very gratefull, they don’t have the beautiful marking like other Cyclo’s but they are far more interesting by their habits.
    the repasson and apogon went to a lad who is also interested in this species/ genus.

mick

Mark Duffill
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jun 19 2009, 12:11 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    That’s our first lawsuit right there… /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

He’ll never let them take him alive though.

mickthefish
    Participant

it’s good to stir the old wooden spoon lads, haha can’t help it lads.
    him and axelrod must have come outta the same mould. /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Plaamoo
    Participant

Mick, I can’t find “plonker” in the dictionary?

mickthefish
    Participant

plaamoo, it only means idiot but it sounds better.

mickthefish
    Participant

Matt, here’s a couple of pics of the heteronema mate, i know you have choysso if you don’t want to use them thats ok.
    this is the same fish believe it or not.

and when the light hit it right.

good innit.

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

Ta Mick we’ll definitely use them. /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.