LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

D. Tinwini

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Plaamoo 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Plaamoo
    Participant

These have been out of quarantine and in this tank for a week now, spawning like crazy! snapped a few quick pics and a vid to share. I’ve never been a danio fan but I’m lovin’ these! Difficult to photograph though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj3iZ8liLUg

Matt
    Keymaster

Photos are great and really enjoyed the video Jim!

Bully
    Participant

Great pics Jim! Better than I was ever able to manage, you’ve captured the colour brilliantly

Plaamoo
    Participant

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed them!

QUOTE (Matt @ Sep 6 2010, 11:28 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Are you planning to raise any fry?

I’d love to at some point, any tips? I’m dealing with 50 or so (impossible to count) m. kamaka frye at the moment. When I get them dispersed maybe I’ll throw in a mop and see what happens??

Matt
    Keymaster

Hmm I’d be more tempted to throw a pair or two into a separate tank with lots of Java moss or similar and remove post spawning rather than use mops. Pretty sure Mick has done these?

sorab

Lovely photos and fish, they have great markings and colour.
    Cheers
    Peter

Colin
    Participant

Nice fish and great pics –

actually seen them offered in a shop near me last week but was dubious if they really were Tinwin or not??? No pics

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I think your right Matt, I am certain Mick did breed the tinwini. I was surprised to find some youngsters in my tank, there are only the tinwini and Y. cruciatus in there but it is quite heavily planted with java moss, java fern and some floating plants and as per usual the rock piles

andy rushworth
    Participant

Hi Plaamoo, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the fry made adult hood ?

Mick definitely did spawn Tinwini !

A number of years ago Mick gave me half a dozen Spotted Danio [ B.nigrofasciatus] which I put in a small 18x12x12 tank ,I ended up with about 70 fish of varying sizes ,and I never removed the parents !

I think me and Mick had a bit of a thing about Danios back then ? I did the Choprae’s and gave my young to Mick , and he then did tons of em !

BallAquatics
    Participant

Congratulations! Definitely a cool little fish.

Dennis

Plaamoo
    Participant

Thanks all, I’m going to add some more pebbles for eggs to fall into, & I’m trying to catch the little sicyopus in the tank to relocate it. Maybe with just the s. semoni and a few small g. zebrinas a frye or two might have a chance.

BallAquatics
    Participant

I ended up making these little dishes to catch the eggs of my D. tinwini… DIY egg trap

Dennis

Plaamoo
    Participant

Great idea Dennis! Thanks for sharing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.