LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Danionella Species

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Danionella Species

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

I’d like to add profiles for a few of these as I have some pictures but lord knows how I’m going to identify them without locality details. Should I just list them as ‘sp. 1’, ‘sp. 2’, etc.? They all look identical to me!

The habitat of D. priapus in the Jorai River, West Bengal, India (thanks to Peter Cottle).

Finally Gustav if you’re still alive how are you getting on with your D. dracula?

Attached files

oaken
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Nov 18 2009, 07:04 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Finally Gustav if you’re still alive how are you getting on with your D. dracula?

I’m still alive and my D. dracula har still alive, or most of them anyway. One recently died, it had an extremly bloated belly and the fish turned into a pale white for the last couple of days. Pretty weird. So that leaves me with 6-7 fish that are in a mature tank full with plants (mostly mosses). But I haven’t seen any fry or any signs of breeding behaviour.

Can’t help you much with the rest though, I do know though that Mike Noren said that D. sp. “Neon Green” (or the fish he bought under that name anyway) were the fish that got described as D. dracula.

Edit: Turns out Mike’s fish were sold by the name “Fluorescent green” not “Neon green”, but I’m guessing it’s tthe same fish.
    Here’s a post from his blog where he mentions the name change (in case you feel like translating http://www.zoopet.com/forum/blog.php?b=7491

Matt
    Keymaster

I love Google Translate.

coelacanth
    Participant

Third pic isn’t of our fish, it was one we got permission to use at a time when images of Danionella were few and far between.

Matt
    Keymaster

Okay Pete cheers for the confirmation.

coelacanth
    Participant

Aye, still breeding away. We have got a picture of the fish we have, but it’s a .tif and I can’t attach it to a post.

Matt
    Keymaster

Ahem, any chance you can email it to me, Paul?

Author
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.