LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Danionella translucida

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Danionella translucida

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  pablito 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Mark N
    Participant

Has anyone any idea if D. translucida have been bred and how?
    I know there are a couple of reports on the web but as they contradict, I don’t trust them.
    I have taken advice from Pete Cottle as someone who has actually kept them, but want to guarantee some success because they don’t turn up that often.
    Cheers, Mark

Colin
    Participant

Hi Mark,

Is this not one of the species the guys at Bolton Museum bred? Pete and Paul are probably your best bet for info on that group of fish?

Incidentally I just took delivery of another 50 D. dracula last night

Stefan

What Colin said < {POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just took delivery of another 50 D. dracula last night /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” />

Mark N
    Participant

Hi Colin,
    Not sure?

I don’t think Pete tried too hard with these; I think he was busy on all the other Danio types he had on the go.

Are the dracula settling ok? Minimal losses? Are you trading the dracula or are they for your personal collection?

Regards,

Mark

QUOTE (Colin @ May 25 2011, 06:41 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Mark,

Is this not one of the species the guys at Bolton Museum bred? Pete and Paul are probably your best bet for info on that group of fish?

Matt
    Keymaster

Yeah, Pete and Paul bred loads of them and still are as far as I know?

Colin
    Participant

No losses with the Danionella – I think the trick is to not take them out of water at any time, i catch them with a plastic pint glass etc.

twenty of them have been put into the Parasphaerichthys tank, which has been the intention for a while now. The rest are available if you want to send me a PM?

Cheers

pablito
    Participant

QUOTE (Colin @ May 25 2011, 06:41 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Mark,

pablito
    Participant

QUOTE (Mark N @ May 25 2011, 05:42 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Has anyone any idea if D. translucida have been bred and how?
    I know there are a couple of reports on the web but as they contradict, I don’t trust them.
    I have taken advice from Pete Cottle as someone who has actually kept them, but want to guarantee some success because they don’t turn up that often.
    Cheers, Mark

If you want Mark I’ll send you a breeding report although it can be found in full in Peter’s book.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.